Monday, November 9, 2009

Question du Jour #28

This is the dessert section of the lunch menu at l'Ami Louis, a famed old-school rotisserie on our block. Those prices are in euros, sadly, not francs. We did not order dessert. When we (Nick, my parents, and I) got there for lunch this afternoon, I was absolutely blown away by the ridiculously over-inflated prices. Could it possibly cost still more for dinner, or is it the same menu all day? I realized after we left that I had, in fact, known that this was a pricey establishment, but had totally forgotten beforehand, including when I made the reservation. Which, by the way, required calling the restaurant three times--to say nothing of the times the line was busy or they weren't answering. They didn't have a single table for dinner all week, and made me call back to confirm my reservation the day-of. I have a million questions, including: "Will my parents forgive me for thusly lightening their wallets, once they read this and realize I had once been aware of what we were getting into?" But I'm going to go with one that I believe has more universal appeal:

How can somewhere so expensive, where the service is utterly indifferent, be so popular?

1 comment:

  1. Their roasted chicken is GREAT....and lots of people love roasted chicken, including your mother! (She has forgiven you!)

    ReplyDelete