Sunday, October 18, 2009

Question du Jour #16

Pretty berries, right? No, that's not today's question. We bought these lookers this afternoon on our first visit to the Bastille market on Boulevard Richard Lenoir in the 11th. And they are absolutely ordinary. I was going to ask today where the seller got off selling unremarkable produce at an open-air market, but I think that, more to the point, I should be asking:

What made me think that strawberries had suddenly come into season in mid-October?

2 comments:

  1. You didn't happen to drop one of these on the sidewalk outside the Centre, did you? I saw a wonderfully plump looking strawberry languishing on the sidewalk, and found it incredibly odd in mid-October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sir. Very few of them even made it into our tummies before their looks started to match their blah taste and we tossed them.

    ReplyDelete