Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Question du Jour #7


A serious question today, and one to which I am anxious to have your feedback. If I have x amount of money that can live in either my U.S. bank account or my French bank account (and can, obviously, be transferred between the two, for a fee), and if my purchases can be charged on my U.S. American Express card (thus earning me points), my U.S. debit card, or my French debit card, with the AmEx bills' being paid from either of the aforementioned accounts...

What combination of the above is my best bet?


2 comments:

  1. Jess, I'd help you out, but Dr. Gordon said I wasn't cut out for AP Calc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on what the value is of charging it on Amex vs. the cost of currency conversion, which most cards charge for. I tend not to use debit cards because I want the use of my money for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete